VA Benefits and Medicaid Eligibility
Meeting Complex Requirements for Benefits Qualification and Application
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide elder law counsel with guidance for meeting both Veterans Administration (VA) benefits and Medicaid eligibility and application requirements.
VA benefits eligibility requirements
- Overview of eligibility requirements
- No look-back or penalty period
- Resource limits
- Income for VA purposes—the critical calculation
- Tips to get your client’s VA application filed/processed quickly
- Intersection with Medicaid eligibility requirements
- Best practices for meeting VA benefits and Medicaid benefits eligibility and application requirements
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the requirements for eligibility for the VA's Special Monthly Pension benefits?
- What steps can counsel take to protect a client's assets and achieve Medicaid eligibility?
- What strategies should counsel follow to get client’s VA application filed and processed expeditiously?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Yale S. Hauptman
Hauptman & Hauptman
His practice is devoted exclusively to elder and disability law. He has been featured in both local and national media... | Read More
His practice is devoted exclusively to elder and disability law. He has been featured in both local and national media and is the author of, “Be Nice To Me-I Pick Your Nursing Home! – How to Provide For Your Parent’s Care Without Going To The Poorhouse or The Nuthouse.”Close
Laurie A. Hauptman
Hauptman & Hauptman
She was previously a trial attorney at a personal injury law firm. Her courtroom experience is essential to her role in... | Read More
She was previously a trial attorney at a personal injury law firm. Her courtroom experience is essential to her role in handling the firm’s court work, including guardianships, conservatorships and special needs trusts.Close