Using Graphics, Videos, and Links in Contracts: Best Practices
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will address the growing legal issues as businesses incorporate graphics, videos, other visuals, and/or hyperlinks in place of or in addition to written text in their contracts. The panel will provide examples of when a visual representation may more successfully convey the legal intent and when to avoid graphics to have a legally enforceable agreement.
- Types of visuals, graphics, or videos used in current legal documents, including emphasis, explainers, layering, and summarizing
- How visuals can clarify contracts
- Issues with hyperlink
- What are the barriers to using graphics in legal agreements?
- Best practices for utilizing visual and graphics in contract
The panel will review these and other issues:
- What types of visual or graphics are most incorporated into legal contracts now?
- How can expanded use of graphics make contracts more concise and explicit?
- Use of hyperlinks
- What issues can arise for a client when incorporating a visual into a contract?
- How are courts determining prevailing factors when ambiguities exist between the written language and the visual?
- Why use visuals and graphics in contracts?
Mark Cohen, J.D., LL.M.
Mr. Cohen has 36 years of experience as a lawyer. His practice focuses on drafting and reviewing legal documents,... | Read More
Mr. Cohen has 36 years of experience as a lawyer. His practice focuses on drafting and reviewing legal documents, advising on and facilitating transactions, helping clients and lawyers improve their documents, and teaching innovative CLE classes. Mr. Cohen’s diverse legal career includes service as an Air Force Judge Advocate, service as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, seven years as a prosecutor, over 10 years as a municipal judge, and private practice. He served as the Chairperson of the Editorial Board of The Colorado Lawyer and taught advanced legal writing at the University of Arkansas School of Law. Mr. Cohen wrote six articles for the Am.Jur. Proof of Facts series, including the leading article on piercing the corporate veil. He is the founder of The Plain English Institute.Close
Ms. McCulloch is a corporate attorney in a private practice in Denver, Colorado. Prior to forming her current firm, she... | Read More
Ms. McCulloch is a corporate attorney in a private practice in Denver, Colorado. Prior to forming her current firm, she worked in a corporate counsel/product development capacity for a Denver-based legal tech startup. Ms. McCulloch co-founded Legal Visuals Academy, LLC in 2020 with Susanne van der Meer, who has been an expert in the legal visuals field for over 15 years. Legal Visuals Academy offers online course training in legal visuals and visual contracting. Prior to her legal career, she served in the United States Army as an Arabic cryptologic linguist and also enjoyed careers in mental health, law enforcement, and snow sports instruction.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 08/28/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 08/28/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H