UCC Secured Transactions: Avoiding Pitfalls in Perfecting Security Interests
Protecting Collateral in Bankruptcy and Enforcement Actions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will examine unexpected traps in perfecting security interests and analyze the often confusing perfection rules for different types of collateral, enforcement actions and disputes, The panel will outline best practices for protecting security interests in the event of default or bankruptcy.
- Security Agreements and Financing Statements
- Due diligence searches
- Name of debtor
- Description of collateral
- Filing jurisdiction
- Maintaining perfection
- Default provisions
- Perfection Rules for Different Types of Collateral
- Accounts receivable
- Promissory notes
- Chattel paper
- Deposit and securities accounts
- Partnerships and LLC interests
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can counsel ensure that the debtor's correct name is used for filing and searching — and why are even minor mistakes potentially deadly?
- What are the best practices for the collateral description in the security agreement and financing statement?
- What are the key steps for lenders and counsel to avoid the most common pitfalls in perfecting security interests in payment intangibles and chattel paper?
Steven O. Weise
Mr. Weise practices in all areas of commercial law and has extensive experience in financing, especially in those... | Read More
Mr. Weise practices in all areas of commercial law and has extensive experience in financing, especially in those secured by personal property, including structured financing. He is regarded as one of the foremost authorities on Article 9 of the UCC. He is a member of the Permanent Editorial Board for the UCC and a member of the American Law Institute’s UCC Article 9 Drafting Committee. Mr. Weise is also the past chair of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section Legal Opinions Committee.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include course handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio