Mortgage-Backed Securities Litigation: Latest Developments
Pursuing and Defending Investors, Issuers, Underwriters and Other Stakeholders in MBS Claims
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will update counsel on recent trends involving residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities (MBS) suits and outline approaches to prepare for the complexities involved in representing the various stakeholders.
Recent litigation trends
- Overview of credit crisis-related MBS litigation
- Typical participants in MBS litigation
Theories of liability
- Securities fraud
- Breach of contract
- Representation and warranties
- Federal v. state court jurisdiction
- Class action litigation
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the bases for suits regarding MBS's?
- What challenges do plaintiffs' counsel face in pursuing MBS claims?
- What challenges do defendants’ counsel face in defending MBS claims?
- How will recent and pending rulings in individual and class action suits impact MBS litigation?
- What are the most recent developments in settlement of MBS suits?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Isaac M. Gradman
Perry Johnson Anderson Miller & Moskowitz
He is one of country’s leading experts in mortgage-backed securities litigation and other legal issues... | Read More
He is one of country’s leading experts in mortgage-backed securities litigation and other legal issues stemming from the mortgage crisis practices. He also provides services to clients in litigation and business law.Close
James K. Goldfarb
Murphy & McGonigle
Mr. Goldfarb's a securities litigator with more than a decade of experience defending issuers, financial... | Read More
Mr. Goldfarb's a securities litigator with more than a decade of experience defending issuers, financial institutions, and accounting firms in a variety of securities fraud and financial products litigation. He is well versed in the substantive and procedural aspects of claims under the 1933 and 1934 Acts, as well as under state blue sky and common law.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio