Employer Tort Liability: Vicarious Liability; Negligent Hiring, Supervision, and Retention
This program has been cancelled
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will advise employment counsel on the potential liability for negligent hiring or retaining of former employees and recent trends in cases involving an employer's vicarious liability. The panel will discuss how employers can mitigate risks when such claims are brought.
- Employer liability for acts of employees and contractors
- Vicarious liability
- Negligent hiring
- Negligent supervision
- Negligent retention
- Recent case law
- New York
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors determine whether an employee acted within the course and scope of employment?
- Under what circumstances can an employer be liable for wrongful acts by an independent contractor?
- Can an employer be liable for vicarious liability and direct negligence arising from the same employee conduct?
- What are recent trends in cases in New York, California, and Virginia in tort claims brought by employees against employers?
Guy K. Noa
Fowler White Burnett
Mr. Noa focuses his practice in the areas of trucking accident defense and catastrophic and personal injury claims.... | Read More
Mr. Noa focuses his practice in the areas of trucking accident defense and catastrophic and personal injury claims. Prior to joining the firm, he worked for one of the largest law firms in Florida, handling personal injury, wrongful death and first party property litigation.Close
to be announced.