Overcoming FLSA Collective Action Discovery Challenges Before and After Conditional Certification of Opt-In Class
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide strategies for employment counsel pursuing discovery in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective action lawsuits and for dealing with discovery disputes that arise throughout litigation.
- Discovery limitations and strategies for FLSA actions
- Before conditional certification
- After conditional certification
- Discovery considerations for summary judgment
- Discovery considerations for trial
- Resolving discovery disputes
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the most common discovery challenges counsel face when litigating FLSA collective action lawsuits—from initiation through resolution of the case?
- What strategies have been effective for counsel in wage and hour collective action litigation for obtaining essential information in the least expensive manner?
- What is the scope of evidence that is discoverable before and after conditional certification of the collective class and how can you limit or best manage discovery?
William C. Martucci
Shook Hardy & Bacon
Mr. Martucci practices exclusively on behalf of management in connection with national employment litigation and policy... | Read More
Mr. Martucci practices exclusively on behalf of management in connection with national employment litigation and policy matters. He has successfully defended various employment lawsuits and written and lectured extensively on employment law issues throughout the country. He has successfully tried a number of jury cases and has effectively managed a variety of class action cases.Close
Kristen A. Page
Shook Hardy & Bacon
Ms. Page has extensive experience litigating on behalf of businesses in the areas of discrimination and... | Read More
Ms. Page has extensive experience litigating on behalf of businesses in the areas of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, non-competition, and retaliation. She frequently handles litigation matters in the class and multi-plaintiff context, including litigating complex matters with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and addressing the intricacies of e-discovery in the federal courts.Close
Christine E. Webber
Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll
Ms. Webber represents plaintiffs in class action employment discrimination and Fair Labor Standards Act cases,... | Read More
Ms. Webber represents plaintiffs in class action employment discrimination and Fair Labor Standards Act cases, including Dukes v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. She is a member of the National Employment Lawyers' Association and co-chairs its Class Action Committee. She also co-chairs the Class Action Sub-Committee of the D.C. Bar Labor and Employment Law Section. She speaks regularly at CLE programs.Close