Trust Distribution in Elder Law Planning and Administration: Standards and Challenges
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide elder law attorneys on navigating trust distribution standards and challenges in elder planning and administration. The panel will discuss current distribution standards, including discretionary, HEMS, mandatory, and contingent trust distributions, and key considerations and drafting provisions for counsel. The panel will also discuss challenges for beneficiaries, choice of trustee, and key administration issues.
- Trust distributions standards
- Support vs. discretionary trusts and pitfalls to avoid
- Beneficiaries and administration challenges
- Best practices and drafting considerations for elder law counsel
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What trust distribution standards are available and what are key challenges for elder law planning and administration?
- What are the drafting considerations for support and discretionary trusts and pitfalls to avoid?
- Managing beneficiaries and overcoming trust administrative challenges
Joanne Marcus, MSW
Commonwealth Community Trust
Ms. Marcus has a master’s degree in social work and serves as the President and CEO of Commonwealth Community... | Read More
Ms. Marcus has a master’s degree in social work and serves as the President and CEO of Commonwealth Community Trust (CCT). She brings to CCT over 37 years of experience in nonprofit administration and served as the Executive Director of CCT for 21 years before being named President and CEO. Under the leadership of Ms. Marcus, CCT has grown to serve over 1,900 trust beneficiaries throughout the United States. She is frequently asked to speak to professional groups and community organizations nationwide.Close
to be announced.