Trucking and Auto Injury Cases: Deposing Accident Reconstruction and Biomechanical Experts
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare personal injury attorneys in trucking and auto cases to depose accident reconstruction and biomechanical experts. The webinar will discuss best practices for questioning and cross-examining deponents, strategies for strengthening or challenging an expert’s credentials, techniques to indicate or disprove bias, interest or prejudice, and raising and defending objections.
- Questioning experts to strengthen or weaken the expert opinion
- Advancing favorable facts
- Establish learned treatise
- Bolstering or attacking the credibility of experts
- Educational qualifications and training
- Show bias, interest or prejudice
- Highlight departure from established testing methods
- Undermining key assumptions
- Rehabilitating an expert’s credibility
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What are the most effective methods of attacking an accident reconstruction expert witness’ credibility?
- What are techniques to discredit a biomechanical expert witness’ credibility?
- What is the best practice for counsel to challenge the credibility of an expert witness?
- How can counsel rehabilitate an expert whose credibility has been attacked?
Richard M. Goodman
Mr. Goodman’s practice is focused on major personal injury jury trials involving auto design and other major... | Read More
Mr. Goodman’s practice is focused on major personal injury jury trials involving auto design and other major product liability cases throughout the United States. He is a Member of Inner Circle of Advocates since 1976.Close
Thomas C. O'Brien
Miller Canfield Paddock and Stone
Mr. O’Brien is an experienced trial lawyer who has successfully represented clients in complex civil and criminal... | Read More
Mr. O’Brien is an experienced trial lawyer who has successfully represented clients in complex civil and criminal cases, including some that received national attention. Mr. O’Brien has also taught trial practice for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, University of Michigan Law School, Institute of Continuing Legal Education and Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Michigan. He is the co-author of Effective Strategies for Cross-Examining an Expert Witness that was recently published in The American Bar Association’s Litigation Magazine, 44 Litigation 26-30 (Fall 2017).Close
Ralph F. Valitutti
Kitch Drutchas Wagner Valitutti & Sherbrook
Mr. Valitutti heads the firm's birth trauma practice and serves as national counsel for insurers and major health... | Read More
Mr. Valitutti heads the firm's birth trauma practice and serves as national counsel for insurers and major health systems in birth trauma cases in almost every state throughout the country. Mr. Valitutti's work includes extensive trial experience in medical malpractice defense. In more than three decades with the firm, he has served as first chair in more than 70 trials which have gone to verdict, most in favor of his clients. In 2007, Mr. Valitutti was selected as a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America Trial Lawyers. He was also recognized as a Top Ten Lawyer by American International Group (AIG), one of the nation's largest insurance and financial organizations.Close