Trade Dress Rights Enforcement: Prosecuting Infringement Claims
Proving Protectable Trade Dress and Likelihood of Confusion, Defeating Defenses
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to IP counsel on the enforcement of protectable trade dress. The panel will examine the requirements for trade dress infringement and will review recent cases. The panel will offer best practices for enforcing trade dress rights.
- Pre-filing considerations and issues that the trade dress owner should consider
- Potential defenses to overcome
- Best practices for enforcing trade dress rights
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How are the courts addressing trade dress infringement claims?
- What must counsel demonstrate to enforce trade dress rights to protect the look and feel of a product design, product packaging or website in an infringement action?
- What are the key tactics for counsel in protecting product and packaging designs against infringement?
Kristin J. Achterhof
Katten Muchin Rosenman
Ms. Achterhof counsels clients on a wide variety of complex IP litigation, including the prosecution and defense... | Read More
Ms. Achterhof counsels clients on a wide variety of complex IP litigation, including the prosecution and defense of claims involving copyright, trademark, trade dress and patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, right of personality, false advertising, and a range of unfair competition claims. She is a first-chair trial attorney in matters pending in federal and state courts across the country and before the TTAB. Ms. Achterhof is a frequent speaker and panel member and has served as a guest lecturer at Northwestern University School of Law, DePaul University College of Law and Chicago-Kent College of Law.Close
Barry L. Cohen
Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld
Mr. Cohen focuses on IP litigation and unfair competition, among other areas. He develops litigation strategies that... | Read More
Mr. Cohen focuses on IP litigation and unfair competition, among other areas. He develops litigation strategies that maximize his clients' goals with a detailed understanding of their business. He understands and solves clients' litigation problems, maximizing the clients' litigation positions to achieve their short and long-term goals.Close