Tokenization of Commercial Real Estate: Offering and Trading Property Investments on the Blockchain
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the process of creating a tokenized real estate offering and the risks and benefits for issuers and investors to consider in connection with a real estate token offering, its administration, and subsequent transfers.
- Emergence of blockchain technology and digital assets
- Real estate tokens contrasted with traditional LLC and partnership interests
- Issues in tokenization
- Compliance with securities laws and creation of a smart contract
- Determining number and type of tokens, and the exchange platform
- Offering process: confirmation of investor accreditation and listing of tokens
- Administration: distribution of profits or other payments to investors
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What advantages do digital tokens have over traditional real estate investment vehicles?
- What are the securities law implications of tokenization? Is registration required?
- How should a token offering be documented?
- What are the transfer restrictions to build into a real estate token? What are the AML concerns?
Dilendorf Law Firm
Mr. Dilendorf’s practice is focused primarily on digital assets, cryptocurrency, and technologies that drive... | Read More
Mr. Dilendorf’s practice is focused primarily on digital assets, cryptocurrency, and technologies that drive blockchain and related distributive computing networks. His areas of specialty include tokenization of assets, setting up cryptocurrency exchanges, NFT art, and music offerings as well as structuring domestic and international real estate transactions using cryptocurrencies. Mr. Dilendorf has presented at many international conferences related to the regulation of digital assets in the U.S., asset tokenization, and tax and corporate considerations for both individuals and corporate clients doing business in the U.S. Having gained valuable experience in all aspects of crypto assets, Mr. Dilendorf is also a top forensic Bitcoin and crypto expert witness. His expertise has also made him one of the top cryptocurrency consultants for Fortune 500 companies such as IBM, Berkshire Hathaway, and HSBC.Close
Mr. Enayati is an accomplished real estate finance attorney working to help owners, investors and operators buy, sell... | Read More
Mr. Enayati is an accomplished real estate finance attorney working to help owners, investors and operators buy, sell and finance commercial real estate projects. He leverages his extensive experience representing institutional lenders and capital partners to help clients navigate sophisticated real estate transactions. Mr. Enayati represents real estate private equity firms, developers, funds, and family offices in the acquisition and financing of retail, office, hospitality, mixed-use and multifamily assets on a national basis. Mr. Enayati specializes in ground-up developments and value-add projects, working closely with clients to optimize deal structure and terms. He also serves as external general counsel, advising across acquisitions, leasing, operations, debt and equity financing, and distressed assets. Mr. Enayati has served as outside counsel for various fintech and cryptocurrency-related start-ups. He has an in-depth understanding of emerging trends and his experience in the crypto space allows him to provide practical and actionable advice to new ventures and established companies alike.Close