Planning for Reduction of Estate Tax Exemptions: Strategies for Clients Who Do Not or Soon Will Not Have Exemptions
Gift Tax Effective Rates vs. Estate Tax Effective Rates, Net, Net Gifts, GRATs, IDGTs, and Other Strategies
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to trusts and estates attorneys on planning strategies in light of the possible fall in the estate tax exemption. The panelist will discuss key considerations for clients who do not or soon will not have available exemptions, gift tax effective rates vs. estate tax effective rates, the net, net gifts, use of GRATs and IDGTs, and other key items.
- Estate tax considerations for planners
- Planning now for a reduction in estate and GST tax exemptions
- Impact of a potential reduction in estate tax exemptions
- Planning for those without available exemptions
- Gift vs. estate tax effective rates
- Net, net gifts
- Defined-value gifts and sales
- GRATs and IDGTs
- Planning tips and best practices for trusts and estates counsel
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key planning considerations in light of a potential reduction in estate tax exemptions?
- What gifting strategies are available to limit or minimize gift and estate taxes, before and after a reduction in tax exemptions?
- What are the benefits and challenges of using defined-value transfers in an environment of changing tax laws?
- How does a reduction in exemptions impact common estate planning strategies, such as Crummey trusts, GRATs, and IDGTs?
- How can net, net gifts be used as a planning tool?
Tyson D. Willis
Arnall Golden Gregory
Mr. Willis focuses his practice on crafting and implementing successful wealth transfer planning strategies, including... | Read More
Mr. Willis focuses his practice on crafting and implementing successful wealth transfer planning strategies, including estate and gift tax planning, charitable giving, family business succession planning, and estate administration.Close
Buy Live Webinar
A savings of $148
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $348
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$246 + $24.45 S&H