Combating Counterfeiting: Collaborating With Competitors, Customers and Online Operators
Protecting Confidential Information and Trade Secrets, Avoiding Antitrust Risks
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel to brand owners on collaborating with competitors, customers and others to fight counterfeiters. The program will discuss the importance of working with business competitors as well as the roadblocks and risks for companies deciding whether to collaborate. The program will also examine working with downstream customers and online operators to fight counterfeiting.
- Collaborating with competitors to battle counterfeiting
- Collaborating with customers to battle counterfeiting
- Collaborating with online operators to battle counterfeiting
- Considerations when collaborating
- Antitrust concerns
- Protecting trade secrets and confidential information
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other critical questions:
- What factors should companies consider when deciding to collaborate with competitors? What are the risks of collaborating?
- What are the limitations on exchanging information when collaborating with competitors? What activities should competitive collaborators avoid?
- What safeguards should companies implement to mitigate the risks of collaborating with competitors, customers and online operators?
Harley I. Lewin
Preti Flaherty Beliveau & Pachios
For more than 40 years, Mr. Lewin has served clients’ business and intellectual property concerns around the... | Read More
For more than 40 years, Mr. Lewin has served clients’ business and intellectual property concerns around the world through brand protection strategies, major case litigation, and transactional counseling. Mr. Lewin works with the governments, law enforcement, courts, and customs in over 75 countries to track and stop the flow of fake or infringing goods, developing and implementing cost-effective methods to protect his clients’ most valued assets. He also deals with trademarks, trade dress, copyright, unfair competition, anti-counterfeiting, infringement, and related issues in U.S. Federal Circuits and state courts, as well as in U.S. territories and possessions.Close
Michael J. McCue
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie
Mr. McCue has litigated hundreds of cases involving trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, and rights of... | Read More
Mr. McCue has litigated hundreds of cases involving trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, and rights of publicity in federal courts throughout the U.S. and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO. He has litigated cases involving some of the most famous trademarks in the world. In addition to litigation, Mr. McCue provides trademark and copyright prosecution, counseling, clearance, transactional, and enforcement services for companies. He oversees a domestic and international trademark portfolio of more than 5,000 trademarks.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $19.45 S&H