Provisional Patent Applications: Preserving IP Rights
Assessing Whether to Use and Strategies to Leverage Provisional Applications Under the First-to-File System
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss provisional patent applications, their benefits and limitations, and best practices for leveraging the applications. The panel will examine when and why provisional applications should be used and the issue of tying non-provisional patent applications to provisional applications.
- Benefits and limitations of provisional applications
- When and why to use provisional patent applications
- Priority—non-provisional applications to provisional applications
- Best practices for leveraging provisional patent applications
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Under what circumstances will a patent claimant get the most out of a provisional patent application?
- What are the benefits and limitations of using a provisional patent application?
- What are the important considerations when determining whether and when to use a provisional application?
Dale S. Lazar
DLA Piper LLP (US)
Mr. Lazar counsels on intellectual property matters concerning a variety of technologies. He concentrates his practice... | Read More
Mr. Lazar counsels on intellectual property matters concerning a variety of technologies. He concentrates his practice in patenting electronic technology, patenting and copyrighting computer hardware and software, litigating patents and copyrights, negotiating and drafting licenses for patents and software and preparing software-related agreements.Close
Timothy W. Lohse
DLA Piper LLP (US)
Mr. Lohse concentrates his practice in patent prosecution, patent litigation and patent counseling. He provides patent... | Read More
Mr. Lohse concentrates his practice in patent prosecution, patent litigation and patent counseling. He provides patent preparation and prosecution in software and related technologies, and in mechanical, electromechanical and electrical technologies.Close