Title Insurance Coverage for Real Estate Counsel: ALTA Coverage and Endorsements for Owners and Lenders
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide real estate counsel with an overview of the latest developments in title insurance coverage and explain best practices for evaluating and negotiating coverage, exclusions, and endorsements under American Land Title Association (ALTA) policies.
- The 2006 ALTA policy provisions
- Covered risks
- Exclusions from coverage
- Schedules A and B
- Endorsements most commonly requested in the current environment
- Owners' policy
- Non-imputation: ALTA 15 Series
- Loan policy
- Survey (land same as) ALTA 25-06
- Access ALTA 17-6
- Contiguous land ALTA 19 series
- Zoning ALTA 3 and 3.1
- Mezzanine financing ALTA 16
- Construction ALTA 32
- Mortgage tax 38-06
- First loss 20-06
- Cluster 12-06
- The revised ALTA 9 series, with the ALTA 28 encroachment and ALTA 35 minerals endorsements
- Recently adopted ALTA endorsement for Policy Authentication ALTA 39-06
- Owners' policy
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the latest trends and developments in title insurance coverage?
- What types of coverage are most common in the current environment?
- What are the available title insurance endorsements under ALTA and elsewhere, and what documentation is necessary to obtain these endorsements?
Cathryn E. Greenwald
Ms. Greenwald focuses her practice on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including construction and... | Read More
Ms. Greenwald focuses her practice on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including construction and permanent financing, development, public-private partnerships, acquisition and sale of real estate, ground, retail, industrial and office leasing, and other general real estate matters.Close
Michael R. O'Donnell
Mr. O’Donnell has represented every major title insurer including Chicago Title Insurance Co., First American... | Read More
Mr. O’Donnell has represented every major title insurer including Chicago Title Insurance Co., First American Title Insurance Co., Fidelity National Title Insurance Co., Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., Stewart Title Guaranty Company, Westcor Land Title Insurance Co., and New Jersey Title Insurance Co., as well as their insureds. He has served as coverage counsel for title underwriters on numerous wide-ranging real estate frauds, some of which losses exceeded $45 million.Close