Tip Pooling and Other Wage and Hour Issues in the Hospitality Industry: FLSA Amendments
Overtime Pay, Worker Classification, DOL Audits, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss the current FLSA amendments affecting all tipped employees, along with best practices for FLSA and DOL compliance. Our expert panelists will guide practitioners through the latest updates in tip pooling and overtime pay regulations and how to best counsel hospitality industry employers in various employment issues.
- Overview of the current FLSA amendments and the impact on tip pooling rules
- Discussion of other sources of employer liability in the hospitality industry such as overtime pay and employee classification issues
- Effects of COVID-19 on tip pooling and other DOL audit issues
- Best practices for hospitality industry employers to limit liability exposure
- Defending employers in DOL audits and employee lawsuits
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the current FLSA amendments impacting tip pooling regulations?
- How has COVID-19 affected tip pooling amongst hospitality employees?
- Proactive steps hospitality industry employers should take to correctly implement policies regarding tip pooling, overtime pay, and employee classification
- Best practices for defending hospitality industry employers in DOL audits and employee lawsuits
Caroline M. Landt
Ms. Landt focuses her employment practice on consultation regarding employment regulations, agreements and other... | Read More
Ms. Landt focuses her employment practice on consultation regarding employment regulations, agreements and other related compliance issues. She assists clients in the search for efficient and appropriate solutions using a depth of knowledge that comes from her more than 20 years of experience. Ms. Landt has litigated matters related to discrimination, sexual harassment, labor-management relations, minimum wage/overtime compensation, covenants not to compete, executive employment contracts and the Family and Medical Leave Act. She represents clients in many industries, including hospitality, healthcare and religious organizations.Close
Pooja S. Nair
Ervin Cohen & Jessup
Ms. Nair is a business litigator and problem solver with a focus on the food and beverage sector. She advises food and... | Read More
Ms. Nair is a business litigator and problem solver with a focus on the food and beverage sector. She advises food and beverage clients, startups and other businesses on a comprehensive range of issues, including employment, trade secrets, partnership disputes, contract negotiations and intellectual property. Ms. Nair has published extensively on business law and food and beverage legal issues for publications including Law360, Daily Journal, Eater, California Lawyer, Food Dive and Bloomberg BNA, and has had her work picked up or referenced by the Motley Fool publication Millionacres, MSN Money, Los Angeles Times, Yahoo! News and Reuters. She also writes a bi-monthly column for Modern Restaurant Management on legal developments affecting restaurants.Close