The New Antitrust Law in China
What U.S. Companies and Investors Must Do Now
China's First Anti-Monopoly Law Effective August 1
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
- Chinese civil law system
- Anti-monopoly law
- China’s anti-monopoly law — a closer look
- Relationship between existing competition provisions and new law
- Merger review
- Abuse of dominance
- Impact on IP
- Enforcement and remedies
- Structuring of commission and enforcement agency/administrative remedies
- Private right of action: Are the Chinese courts ready for this?
- Advising clients in the face of uncertainty
The panel reviewed these and other key questions:
- What are the basic tenets of the new anti-monopoly law — and what led to its adoption?
- What is the initial — and expected — impact of the new law for foreign businesses active in China?
- How will the new antitrust law impact intellectual property law in China?
- What should companies affected by the new antitrust law be doing now to prepare?
Hogan & Hartson
She is Co-Managing Partner and representative of the firm's Beijing office. She focuses on corporate and commercial... | Read More
She is Co-Managing Partner and representative of the firm's Beijing office. She focuses on corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, and technology transfer law.Close
Yee Wah Chin
Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti
She practices antitrust law and is a commercial litigator with corporate transactional experience. She was instrumental... | Read More
She practices antitrust law and is a commercial litigator with corporate transactional experience. She was instrumental in the ABA's several sets of comments on drafts of China's anti-monopoly law. She previously served as Assistant General Counsel–Antitrust at a Fortune 100 company.Close
Paul D. Jones
Jones & Co.
He advises on national and multi-jurisdictional trademark and domain name applications and disputes, as well as... | Read More
He advises on national and multi-jurisdictional trademark and domain name applications and disputes, as well as copyright matters including software and entertainment matters, and patent disputes. His article on protection of Chinese character trademarks was chosen by the Republic of China IP Office's Director General for teaching material.Close
Download— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio