Telemedicine Coverage Issues in Elder Care: Interplay With Medicare, Medicaid, and Long-Term Care Planning
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide elder law counsel on navigating the complicated issues of telehealth, expansion of coverage for these services through Medicare Advantage plans with the passage of the 2018 CHRONIC Care Act, and its interplay with Medicaid and long-term care planning.
- Telemedicine and telehealth applications in elder care
- 2018 CHRONIC CARE Act
- State Medicaid provisions
- State telehealth parity laws
- Coverage considerations in long-term care planning
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicaid managed care
- Commercial insurance
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- What impact will states’ enactment of telehealth or telemedicine parity laws have on long-term care planning for aging adults?
- How can patients ensure a provider is in compliance with state and federal fraud and abuse laws?
- Are practitioners appropriately credentialed and meeting the federal, state and organizational requirements for engaging in telehealth/telemedicine services?
Douglas A. Grimm, FACHE
Mr. Grimm is a healthcare regulatory lawyer who previously served as a former Chief Operating Officer of multiple... | Read More
Mr. Grimm is a healthcare regulatory lawyer who previously served as a former Chief Operating Officer of multiple acute-care hospitals throughout the United States. He remains active in healthcare administration as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE), the premier certification institution in healthcare management. This unique background enables him to provide legal counsel with a practical, pragmatic perspective gained from a decade of experience as a healthcare executive.Close
Hillary M. Stemple
Ms. Stemple regularly advises clients on compliance with health care fraud and abuse laws, with an emphasis on the... | Read More
Ms. Stemple regularly advises clients on compliance with health care fraud and abuse laws, with an emphasis on the Stark law and anti-kickback statute. She also advises clients on internal and external investigations, particularly investigations related to the False Claims Act, as well as on reimbursement issues, licensing requirements, and other compliance matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 07/27/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 07/27/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $9.45 S&H