TCPA Compliance for Mobile Communications Marketing: Avoiding Penalties and Lawsuits
Implementing Effective TCPA Guidelines, Navigating Grey Areas With Express Written Consent Requirement
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide counsel in creating and implementing mobile communications marketing policies that comply with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). The panel will provide a summary of recent TCPA decisions, outline the nuances of the law’s rules, challenges businesses are facing in developing compliant marketing programs, and best practices for avoiding government enforcement actions and civil litigation.
- Recent TCPA enforcement activity and litigation trends
- FCC Rulings and Outstanding Petitions
- TCPA requirements for mobile marketers
- Express written consent
- Opt outs
- Areas of potential liability
- Best practices to meet regulatory standards and minimize liability
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest TCPA enforcement trends and litigation developments?
- What measures should companies adopt to ensure that their written consent practices comply with the TCPA rules?
- How should counsel manage the ambiguities of the rules with respect to automated dialing systems?
- How is the vicarious liability theory being leveraged to assign liability under the TCPA to companies for mobile communications sent by third parties?
Christine M. Reilly
Manatt Phelps & Phillips
Ms. Reilly is a litigation partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s TCPA Compliance and Class Action Defense practice... | Read More
Ms. Reilly is a litigation partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s TCPA Compliance and Class Action Defense practice group. She represents clients in major litigation in a wide variety of areas, including consumer protection, unfair competition, and false and deceptive advertising. Ms. Reilly regularly defends clients in consumer class actions and investigations and proceedings initiated by the FTC, FCC, CFPB, and other federal and state regulatory agencies.Close
Manatt Phelps & Phillips
Mr. Roth is Co-Chair of the firm’s TCPA Compliance and Class Action Defense Group. He is a regulatory and... | Read More
Mr. Roth is Co-Chair of the firm’s TCPA Compliance and Class Action Defense Group. He is a regulatory and transactional attorney with over 20 years of experience in consumer advertising and marketing law. Clients ranging from Fortune 100 and 500 companies to emerging and start-up firms turn to Mr. Roth for his expertise in privacy law, social media, telemarketing, claim substantiation, among others. Mr. Roth’s practice also includes defending clients before federal and state regulatory authorities.Close