Tax Structuring Issues in Domestic and International M&A: Impact of TCJA, Avoiding Traps for the Unwary
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine selected provisions of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) that continue to have significant impact on the structuring of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. The panel will discuss common deal structuring considerations and how to avoid some critical potential traps for the unwary.
- Change in the corporate tax rate: choice of entity considerations; Section 1202
- Section 168(k): 10o percent asset expensing
- Section 172: NOL limitations
- Section 163(j): interest expense limitations
- International provisions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How has tax reform altered the choice of entity decision?
- How has tax reform changed the analysis of a stock sale vs. asset sale structure?
- What is the significance of the new limitations on the deductibility of NOLs and business interest expenses?
- What traps for the unwary exist in the cross-border context and how is deal structure optimized for target corporations with international operations?
David (Dave) Strong
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Mr. Strong’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital... | Read More
Mr. Strong’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments, restructurings, and distressed situations. He also has substantial experience with regards to the tax aspects of a wide variety of capital markets transactions for domestic and foreign issuers, including initial public offerings and convertible note offerings. Mr. Strong has worked on transactions across a broad range of industries, including consumer, healthcare, manufacturing and industrial services, media and entertainment, mining and natural resources, real estate, technology, life sciences, and internet and telecommunications.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/16/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 10/16/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H