Tax Issues for Rollover Equity in M&A Transactions: Key Considerations for Buyers and Sellers
A live 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will provide tax professionals with an in-depth analysis of key tax issues of equity rollover in mergers and acquisitions. The panel will discuss critical provisions and structuring considerations for equity rollovers in M&A transactions, tax-free mergers, holding company structures, use of LLCs, current market trends, stock rights, and tax considerations for buyers and sellers.
- Tax consequences of acquisition transactions
- Achieving stepped-up basis for purchaser
- Requirements for tax-free rollovers to sellers
- Structuring options and key considerations
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- What are the critical tax issues to understand and consider when using equity rollovers?
- What are the available structuring options for equity rollover transactions?
- How can you properly structure a tax-free rollover transaction for sellers?
- How can you ensure a stepped-up basis for purchasers?
- What are the differences and tax implications of LLC drop-down and asset drop-down transactions?
- What are the critical challenges of rollovers involving Section 1202 qualified small business stock?
David M. Czarnecki
Morse Barnes-Brown & Pendleton
With over 15 years of extensive transactional experience, Mr. Czarnecki is exceptionally proficient in guiding clients... | Read More
With over 15 years of extensive transactional experience, Mr. Czarnecki is exceptionally proficient in guiding clients through a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital financings, joint ventures, and entity formations.Close
Cannot Attend September 8?
You may pre-order a recording to listen at your convenience. Recordings are available 48 hours after the webinar. CPE credit is not available on recordings. Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include course handouts.