Tax Issues for Airplane Purchases: Planning Strategies, Complexities Under Current Tax Law
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will outline guidance to tax attorneys and advisers on the applicable tax rules and key considerations for business aircraft purchases and ownership. The panel will discuss available planning options for purchases and ownership, reduced or eliminated tax deductions, and opportunities for tax savings, federal air transportation, and fuel excise taxes.
- Tax treatment of aircraft ownership under current tax law
- Key planning techniques to maximize tax benefits
- Application of the federal fuel and air transportation excise taxes
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key considerations in structuring an aircraft purchase?
- What are the most effective methods in calculating travel, meals, and entertainment deductions?
- What are the hobby loss rules and traps to avoid?
Thomas A. Alston
President and CEO
Aero & Marine Tax Professionals
As a California Sales & Use Tax Expert, Mr. Alston specializes in helping his clients avoid sales & use tax... | Read More
As a California Sales & Use Tax Expert, Mr. Alston specializes in helping his clients avoid sales & use tax from the state of California.Close
Joseph C. Mandarino
Smith Gambrell & Russell
Mandarino is a Partner in the Tax Practice of Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP. His practice focuses on... | Read More
Mandarino is a Partner in the Tax Practice of Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP. His practice focuses on corporate, tax and finance law. Mr. Mandarino is involved with a wide variety of businesses and transactions, including experience with compliance, planning and M&A activities for partnerships, individuals and corporations. Mr. Mandarino writes and speaks extensively on a wide range of business, tax and finance topics.Close