Tax Implications of Cryptocurrency Mining: IRS Guidance, Entity Structures, Tax Traps, Identifying Taxable Events
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will provide tax counsel, accountants, and other advisers with a critical analysis of IRS tax treatment of cryptocurrency mining and reporting obligations. The panel will discuss the IRS position on the tax treatment of cryptocurrency, analyze IRS monitoring to increase compliance, and outline proper reporting for mining cryptocurrency and transactions.
- Overview of cryptocurrency mining
- IRS treatment of cryptocurrency mining transactions
- Valuation issues
- Tax reporting requirements
- Liability for failing to report cryptocurrency transactions properly
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the income tax reporting requirements for cryptocurrency mining, exchanges, and valuations?
- What are the major tax pitfalls to avoid and other challenges for cryptocurrency mining and investments?
- What are the best practices in managing an IRS examination?
Andrew B. Gordon, CPA
President; Tax Attorney
Gordon Law Group
Mr. Gordon concentrates on tax controversy and compliance, cryptocurrency law, FTC defense, internet law, and corporate... | Read More
Mr. Gordon concentrates on tax controversy and compliance, cryptocurrency law, FTC defense, internet law, and corporate litigation. He’s also popular among tech startups and affiliate marketers looking to stay on the right side of the legal fence while enhancing their bottom lines and minimizing liability.Close
Director of Tax
Gordon Law Group
Mr. Raff manages the tax controversy (including resolutions, investigations, and compliance) and tax preparation... | Read More
Mr. Raff manages the tax controversy (including resolutions, investigations, and compliance) and tax preparation concentrations of the firm. He regularly and gamely handles assessment and collection matters before the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue; he also works internationally, representing clients who take advantage of the Streamlined Offshore Disclosure or Voluntary Disclosure Programs.Close