Tax Credits after Historic Boardwalk Hall
Qualifying, Applying for and Using Historic and Other Tax Credits to Structure Real Estate Projects
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will explain the impact of Historic Boardwalk Hall on tax credits and related financing structures. The panel will address the requirements for using tax credits as a financing vehicle in the future and ways to rework existing agreements to withstand IRS scrutiny.
- Overview of Historic Boardwalk Hall v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue
- Consequences for historic tax credits
- Other affected tax credits and deductions
- Best practices for using tax credits in new transactions and restructuring existing deals
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What is the impact of Historic Boardwalk Hall on historic tax credits?
- What is the effect of Historic Boardwalk Hall on other tax credits and deductions?
- How can existing deals be restructured to comply with the Historic Boardwalk Hall decision?
- How can tax credits effectively be used in new transactions?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Anthony Ilardi, Jr.
Mr. Ilardi is in the Taxation Practice Group, and concentrates on counseling developers, lenders, investors and... | Read More
Mr. Ilardi is in the Taxation Practice Group, and concentrates on counseling developers, lenders, investors and community development entities with respect to federal and state tax credits and other economic development incentives. He focuses on tax planning for businesses, individuals, partnerships and limited liability companies, and advises clients on the tax aspects of real estate development.Close
Peter J. Berrie
Faegre Baker Daniels
Mr. Berrie's practice focuses on tax credits, particularly historic tax credits and new markets tax credits, as... | Read More
Mr. Berrie's practice focuses on tax credits, particularly historic tax credits and new markets tax credits, as well as real estate finance. He has extensive experience in financing development projects that require tax credits or other governmental subsidies, and is a frequent lecturer at seminars on new markets and historic tax credits.Close