Tax Considerations of Rental Properties: Maximizing Depreciation, 199A Eligibility, Elections, and Schedule E
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will explain how to maximize current deductions for rental property owners. Our panel of property experts will review depreciation rules, trade or business requirements, overlooked expense deductions, and completing Schedule E for tax practitioners and rental property owners.
- Rental properties – Introduction
- Passive losses
- Trade or business determination
- Defining trade or business
- Grouping rules
- 199A deduction, Revenue Procedure 2019-38 Safe Harbor
- Deductible expenses
- Filing Schedule E
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- When are rental properties considered a trade or business?
- Depreciation methods, lives, and deductions for rental property purchases
- Deductible expenses for rental properties that are often overlooked
- Elections that benefit most rental properties
- Passive loss limitations and how these affect rental property income and sales
Thomas Castelli, CFP, CPA
Mr. Castelli's areas of focus are tax planning| Read More
Mr. Castelli's areas of focus are tax planningClose
Mr. Hall's area of focus is tax planning.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.