Tax Considerations for Joint Ventures
Strategies to Manage Tax Impact When Forming or Exiting a Joint Venture
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This CLE teleconference will provide tax counsel with tax considerations when creating, operating and terminating joint ventures. The panel will give special attention to issues involving joint ventures and tax exempt organizations, real estate joint ventures, and joint ventures involving foreign investors.
- Creating the Joint Venture
- Entity Selection
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Special Considerations
- Joint Ventures Involving Tax Exempt Entities
- Real Estate Joint Ventures
- Joint Ventures Involving Foreign Investors
- Terminating the Joint Venture
- Winding down/Termination
- Tax Planning Strategies
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the tax considerations when determining the type of entity to establish?
- What are the special tax issues when one of the parties to a joint venture is a tax exempt organization?
- How should a joint venture be structured if one of the participants is a foreign individual or entity?
- What are the special tax considerations in real estate joint ventures?
- What tax concerns should be addressed at the outset of the joint venture to minimize a parties' tax liability when the alliance is terminated?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
The Bloom Group
He acts as general counsel to emerging and mid-stage companies, providing strategic advice and guidance regarding... | Read More
He acts as general counsel to emerging and mid-stage companies, providing strategic advice and guidance regarding corporate law, contracts, tax, intellectual property protection, financing and labor & employment law. He handles mergers and acquisitions, stock and asset purchases, technology transfers, recapitalizations and venture capital investments.Close
Michael I. Sanders
Mr. Sanders focuses his practice in the area of taxation, offering particular knowledge in matters affecting... | Read More
Mr. Sanders focuses his practice in the area of taxation, offering particular knowledge in matters affecting partnerships, limited liability companies, S-corporations, real estate and tax controversy. He also has a large practice in the area of exempt organizations involving healthcare and low-income housing, associations and joint ventures between for-profits and nonprofits.Close
Joseph T. Gulant
He has considerable experience in domestic and international taxation issues. He counsels public and private... | Read More
He has considerable experience in domestic and international taxation issues. He counsels public and private corporations, partnerships, funds, real estate and maritime-related companies, tax-exempt organizations and individuals in all aspects of United States and international tax law.Close