Supporting Transfer Pricing Positions and Preparing for MTC's Arms-Length Adjustment Service
Defending Multi-State Intra-Company Transactions from Transfer Pricing Challenges under ALAS
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will provide tax professionals with the tools to navigate the current landscape of state policies regarding transfer pricing in a multi-state environment. The panel will discuss the latest developments in key states’ transfer pricing audit practices, detail the implementation schedule for the Multistate Tax Commission’s (MTCs) Arm's-Length Adjustment Service (ALAS) project, and describe best practices for planning, documenting and defending your company’s transfer pricing policies.
- Current landscape of state transfer pricing audits and examinations
- Use of outside auditors/experts by state revenue departments in transfer pricing examinations
- Multistate Tax Commission’s Arms-Length Adjustment Service Program
- Other state efforts to coordinate transfer pricing policies
- Best practices for documenting and supporting related-party transactions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Which states are most aggressive in auditing and making adjustments based on transfer pricing challenges?
- What will be the immediate impact of the Multistate Tax Commission's ALAS program on transfer pricing audits?
- What are best practices for supporting and defending intra-company transactions from transfer pricing challenges?
Duff & Phelps
Mr. McColgan advises clients' senior management on a variety of transfer pricing, economic, and valuation issues.... | Read More
Mr. McColgan advises clients' senior management on a variety of transfer pricing, economic, and valuation issues. He advises on a wide range of complex economic issues related to transfer pricing and has extensive experience in transfer pricing planning projects, management services cost allocation analysis, intellectual property migration, financial modeling, and litigation support projects. He was previously with Ceteris and prior to that was with Deloitte’s transfer pricing practice. He is a speaker at transfer pricing conferences and has written articles for transfer pricing publications.Close
Robert E. Weyman
Mr. Weyman counsels clients with income, sales, and gross receipts tax issues around the country. His practice... | Read More
Mr. Weyman counsels clients with income, sales, and gross receipts tax issues around the country. His practice includes state tax return position evaluation, audit defense, administrative appeals, and litigation. He co-leads his firm's growing Massachusetts state tax practice, which represents taxpayers on a wide-range of income and sales tax issues. He is a frequent writer and speaker on a wide range of state tax issues, and has presented at industry conferences. He co-authors Massachusetts SALT, his firm's Massachusetts state tax blog.Close