Structuring Trademark Consent Agreements
Resolving Potential Trademark Conflicts and Overcoming Likelihood of Confusion Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance for counsel to trademark owners on overcoming refusals of mark applications and resolving disputes through consent agreements. The panel will offer strategies for pursuing, negotiating and structuring such agreements.
- Key considerations
- Key provisions
- Explanation why parties believe there is no confusion
- Steps parties will take to ensure no confusion will result
- Notice requirements—sale, assignment
- Assignment—limitations, requirements
- Best practices for negotiating and structuring the agreement
The panel will review these and other important issues:
- Factors counsel should consider when weighing use of a consent agreement.
- Terms that should be included in consent agreements to survive examiner scrutiny.
- Provisions that should be considered to address issues of assignment or sale of the mark.
Jess M. Collen
Mr. Collen has been active in IP practice for 25 years and is highly involved in the profession, having acted in many... | Read More
Mr. Collen has been active in IP practice for 25 years and is highly involved in the profession, having acted in many capacities, including as a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the INTA. His areas of practice include trademark, copyright and unfair competition law, federal court litigation, and actions before the USPTO. Mr. Collen’s experience includes anti-counterfeiting, patent litigation, licensing, software protection, and other related matters.Close
Stacey C. Friends
Ruberto Israel & Weiner
Ms. Friends’ practice is focused on trademark and copyright law, licensing, corporate and business matters, arts... | Read More
Ms. Friends’ practice is focused on trademark and copyright law, licensing, corporate and business matters, arts and entertainment. She handles all aspects of trademark clearance, registration, and enforcement, both federally and internationally for large and small companies. She has represented clients before the TTAB in both cancellation and appeal proceedings.Close