Structuring the Forward Sale of Securities: Capitalizing on Market Conditions, Flexibility in Future Investments
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide corporate finance counsel with the tools to structure a forward sale of securities in connection with an IPO. The panel will discuss the different methods of settlement, the tax benefits of a sale, and the particular benefits for REITs, which may use forward sales to fund investments when needed.
- Reasons for using forward-sale agreements
- Locking in price
- Flexibility to employ capital when needed
- Securities framework: use of a forward-purchase agreement in connection with an IPO
- Key terms
- Tax issues
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the pricing and operational advantages of a forward sale as opposed to an immediate sale of securities?
- What are the key terms of a forward-sale agreement?
- How are forward sales treated under the tax code?
- What are the different options for closing the purchase of securities under a forward-sale agreement?
Mr. Servidio is a partner in Goodwin’s Capital Markets and Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology... | Read More
Mr. Servidio is a partner in Goodwin’s Capital Markets and Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology practices. He advises clients on the origination, sales and trading of financial instruments including securities, rates, currencies, commodities and digital assets. In the capital markets space, Mr. Servidio assists dealers and issuers with structuring equity and equity-linked offerings, hedging and monetization transactions, share repurchase programs and corporate derivatives. In the blockchain technology space, he helps clients build distributed ledger platforms and develop strategies for the financing, lending and trading of virtual currencies.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/21/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 02/21/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H