Structuring Tenant Letters of Credit in Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Balancing Interests of Landlord, Landlord's Lender, Tenant, and Issuers of Credit
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will address the benefits and disadvantages of tenant letters of credit as an alternative to other forms of security, overcoming enforcement and bankruptcy risks through effective lease provisions, and other issues to satisfy interests of landlords, lenders and tenants.
- Advantages and disadvantages of tenant letters of credit
- Advantages of letters of credit as an alternative to other forms of security
- Enforcement concerns, including tenant bankruptcy
- Drafting lease provisions addressing letters of credit
- Balancing interests of landlord vs. landlord’s lender vs. tenant
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the benefits of letters of credit over other forms of security deposits in commercial leasing transactions?
- How are letters of credit more beneficial to landlords in event of a tenant’s bankruptcy?
- What is the landlord’s lender’s interest in the letter of credit as a security enhancement?
- What are best practices for drafting lease provisions when using tenant letters of credit?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Joyce A. Kuhns
Ms. Kuhns has over 30 years’ experience providing strategic advice to a wide spectrum of clients from... | Read More
Ms. Kuhns has over 30 years’ experience providing strategic advice to a wide spectrum of clients from borrowers to financial institutions, creditors and equity committees, liquidating trustees, and buyers and sellers of assets in distress scenarios. Her expertise covers complex financial and business structures, out-of-court restructurings, and restructuring national and regional real estate portfolios.Close
Howard R. Majev
Mr. Majev is a seasoned real estate attorney with extensive experience in acquisitions, dispositions, financings,... | Read More
Mr. Majev is a seasoned real estate attorney with extensive experience in acquisitions, dispositions, financings, development, and leasing of industrial, multi-family, retail, office, mixed-use, and sports properties, including stadium development. He represents clients in connection with portfolio acquisitions of residential and commercial properties, long-term land leases, and numerous other real estate transactions.Close
Amol K. Pachnanda
Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti
Mr. Pachnanda is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Group with a focus on commercial real estate law and... | Read More
Mr. Pachnanda is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Group with a focus on commercial real estate law and finance transactions. He concentrates his practice in representing landlords and tenants in their leasing of space nationwide. He also has experience in representing clients in the acquisition, disposition and financing of commercial and multi-family properties throughout the United States.Close