Structuring Telemedicine Agreements for Healthcare Organizations, Physician Groups and Telemedicine Practitioners
Navigating Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Practice of Medicine Issues, Negotiating Key Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with guidance for drafting and negotiating telemedicine agreements on behalf of telemedicine/mobile health (mHealth) companies, healthcare organizations, physician groups and telemedicine end-users. The panel will discuss current trends in contract negotiations, key provisions in the agreements, and strategies for resolving common areas of dispute.
- Telemedicine trends and emerging platforms
- Types of telemedicine agreements
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Key provisions
- Best practices to minimize liability
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the different types of telemedicine agreements that may be needed for successful telemedicine practitioners/end-users?
- What are the key provisions that should be included in a telemedicine agreement from the telemedicine companies’ perspective?
- What are the regulatory compliance challenges facing telemedicine/mHealth companies that must be considered when structuring the telemedicine agreement?
- What steps should be taken when drafting telemedicine agreements to ensure quality care and minimize exposure for noncompliance of obligations under the contract?
Marshall E. Jackson, Jr.
McDermott Will & Emery
Mr. Jackson focuses his practice on transactional and regulatory counseling for clients in the healthcare industry, as... | Read More
Mr. Jackson focuses his practice on transactional and regulatory counseling for clients in the healthcare industry, as well as advises clients on the legal, regulatory and compliance aspects of digital health. He advises healthcare providers, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, and technology companies involved in “digital health” – the intersection of health software applications, analytical tools, medical technology and electronic data assets enabled by the internet and mobile devices – on a variety of legal, regulatory and compliance matters with a particular focus on digital health topics, including telehealth, telemedicine, mobile health and consumer wellness.Close
Ryan S. Johnson
Fredrikson & Byron
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions,... | Read More
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions, financings, equity offerings, joint ventures, strategic alliances, technology development and IP licensing arrangements. He also advises clients on a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters, including FDA rules, state and federal privacy and security laws, fraud and abuse prohibitions.Close
Erin S. Whaley
Ms. Whaley’s corporate and regulatory experience includes advising providers on healthcare operational regulatory... | Read More
Ms. Whaley’s corporate and regulatory experience includes advising providers on healthcare operational regulatory issues, corporate issues such as IT contracting, physician contracting and joint venture opportunities, and compliance issues. Her health IT experience includes representing providers in the negotiation of various health IT contracts including electronic health records, revenue cycle management, population health and telehealth contracts. Ms. Whaley also represents health IT vendors on corporate and regulatory issues.Close