Structuring Telemedicine Agreements for Healthcare Organizations, Physician Groups, and Practitioners
Regulatory Compliance and Key Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide healthcare counsel with guidance for drafting and negotiating telemedicine agreements on behalf of telemedicine/mobile health (mHealth) companies, healthcare organizations, physician groups, practitioners, and telemedicine end-users. The panel will discuss current trends in contract negotiations, critical provisions in the agreements, strategies for resolving common areas of dispute, and COVID-19 (and post-pandemic) contracting considerations.
- Telemedicine trends and emerging platforms
- Types of telemedicine agreements
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Key provisions
- Best practices to minimize liability
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- What are the different types of telemedicine agreements for telemedicine practitioners/end-users?
- What are the key provisions for a telemedicine agreement from the telemedicine company's perspective?
- What are the regulatory compliance challenges facing telemedicine/mHealth companies when structuring the telemedicine agreement?
- What are the steps for drafting telemedicine agreements to ensure quality care and minimize exposure for noncompliance of obligations under the contract?
Marguerite J. Ahmann
Fredrikson & Byron
Ms. Ahmann assists healthcare clients with regulatory compliance and transactional matters. Her practice focuses on... | Read More
Ms. Ahmann assists healthcare clients with regulatory compliance and transactional matters. Her practice focuses on medical staff and licensure issues, HIPAA, and Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement. Her clients include hospitals, clinics, life science companies, home care providers and licensed health care professionals. Ms. Ahmann is a frequent author and lecturer on a variety of health law topics.Close
Ryan S. Johnson
Fredrikson & Byron
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions,... | Read More
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions, financings, equity offerings, joint ventures, strategic alliances, technology development and IP licensing arrangements. He also advises clients on a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters, including FDA rules, state and federal privacy and security laws, fraud and abuse prohibitions.Close