Structuring Solar Leases: Negotiating Liability, Obligation, End of Term and Other Key Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with a review of deal structures and legal and practical challenges in drafting and negotiating a solar lease. The panelist will outline considerations for counsel to maximize benefits and minimize risks in a solar leasing opportunity.
- Types of solar projects
- Benefits of a solar project
- Deal structure and site location
- State of the US Solar Industry
- Practical Considerations
- Lease, License or Easement
- Drafting and Negotiating Key Provisions
- Current Trends
The panelist will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- What structures are suitable for a solar leasing project--and what are the benefits and risks of each?
- What are the implications of site choice on deal dynamics?
- How can counsel address legal issues that arise in structuring a solar lease?
- What are best practices to maximize your clients' financial benefit from a solar lease?
- What are best practices to avoid common pitfalls in structuring a solar project and negotiating a solar lease?
Stephen A. Kisker
Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi
Mr. Kisker advises on all facets of commercial and residential real estate acquisition, development, financing,... | Read More
Mr. Kisker advises on all facets of commercial and residential real estate acquisition, development, financing, redevelopment, management and disposition. He also assists end users, contractors, developers, investors and lenders in the sale, purchase, structuring and development of renewable energy projects. Mr. Kisker provides experienced counsel on all aspects of renewable energy projects, including: PPAs; engineering, procurement and construction agreements; site leases and licenses; SREC contracts; operation and maintenance contracts; joint venture agreements; and asset purchase agreements.Close