Structuring Solar and Storage Development Financing, Leasing, and Operating Agreements for Commercial Properties
Reducing Legal Risk and Maximizing Client Income Opportunities Through Financing, Tax Incentives, and Documentation
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to energy and real estate finance counsel on specific legal, tax, and financing issues that arise in projects to install solar energy equipment and storage on commercial property. The panel will also review avenues to obtain funding for the project and leverage existing tax incentives.
- Review of tax incentives and benefits available for solar installations and storage
- Analysis of relevant regulations
- Contract issues arising in connection with solar projects
- Financing issues peculiar to solar installations and storage
- Review of typical documents
- EPC agreement
- Property owner and mortgagee waiver agreement
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What unique issues arise in negotiating and structuring solar leasing, licenses and easements, and operation and management agreements involving commercial property?
- How do various contract terms and deal issues impact financing, tax incentives, and access rights, including tenancy, vendor quality, purchase options, removal requirements, merchant tail, and credit support?
- What current issues should counsel consider regarding tax incentives and benefits for solar installations?
- What government regulations other than tax considerations may apply to solar installations?
Christopher J. Lord
Mr. Lord provides advisory and consulting services to customers, owners, developers, utilities, suppliers, installers... | Read More
Mr. Lord provides advisory and consulting services to customers, owners, developers, utilities, suppliers, installers and distributors covering the full range of value-add in renewable energy and energy efficiency. For the last 20 years, Mr. Lord has served as an attorney and business manager handling mission-critical responsibilities as a member of senior management in companies ranging from mature Fortune 500 to early-stage and growth companies. His industry experience spans renewable and traditional energy, as well as technology and manufacturing. Mr. Lord has spoken at multiple conferences and industry meetings on solar energy and waste-to-energy, and published on the role of third-party financing in federal projects.Close
Mark I. Wiranowski, Esq.
Wilkinson Barker Knauer
Mr. Wiranowski’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial transactions in the energy, communications and IT... | Read More
Mr. Wiranowski’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial transactions in the energy, communications and IT industries, as well cutting edge transactional and regulatory matters in those sectors. He advises utilities on the development and acquisition of infrastructure, including wind, solar, battery and microgrid projects. Mr. Wiranowski also advises telecommunications companies and investors on network buildouts and other telecommunications transactions. In addition, he represents public and private companies and investors in matters of corporate governance, private equity and debt financings, recapitalizations, M&As, technology and content licensing, manufacturing, other commercial transactions, and related real property transactions.Close