Structuring Software and Technology Licensing and Development Agreements
Drafting Key Provisions to Allocate Risk, Avoid Common Pitfalls, and Minimize Liability
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to counsel for drafting technology licensing and development agreements. The panel will discuss key clauses and offer best practices for structuring the agreements and avoiding common pitfalls.
Technology licensing and development agreements
- Defining scope of the license
- Representations and warranties
- Limitations on liability
- Development milestones
- Ownership and rights to improvements
- Intellectual property
Allocation of risks
- For licensee
- For licensor
- Duty to disclose during licensing negotiations
Overcoming licensing agreement challenges
- Impact on traditional software development
- Best practices for structuring licensing agreements
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key contract terms to include in technology licensing and development agreements?
- What methods can be used to effectively assign ownership and development rights?
- What are the critical steps to minimize confidentiality risks in licenses?
- What strategies can be used to resolve commonly disputed issues in technology licensing agreements?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Paul C. Jorgensen
The Jorgensen Law Firm
He has successfully prosecuted many U.S. and international trademark, copyright, domain name applications, and has... | Read More
He has successfully prosecuted many U.S. and international trademark, copyright, domain name applications, and has designed and negotiated hundreds of successful contracts and licenses. He counsels clients on domestic and international trademark, copyright, trade name, trade secret and domain name matters, and has designed and negotiated hundreds of successful contracts and licensesClose
to be announced.