Structuring Securities Offerings After the JOBS Act Private Placement Revisions
Leveraging Solicitation and Advertising Opportunities and Navigating Stricter Rule 506 Safe Harbor Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will focus on the impact of the SEC changes to Regulation D and Rule 506 which will take effect mid-September, discuss new opportunities for advertisement for private placements, and address "bad actor" provisions and the proposed changes to private placement provisions to increase investor protection.
Advertised private placements
- New opportunities
- How the issuer verifies that all investors are accredited
"Bad actor" provisions
- Events that will disqualify an issuer from using Rule 506
- Effect of previous disqualifying events
- The waiver process
- Proposed rules to add new requirements to Regulation D
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the new opportunities for advertised private placements?
- How does the issuer verify that all investors are accredited, as required by the new provisions?
- What events will disqualify an issuer from using Rule 506?
- What is the effect of previous disqualifying events?
- What is the waiver process?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
David H. Pankey
Mr. Pankey's practice includes all aspects of transactional securities work and corporate finance, with an... | Read More
Mr. Pankey's practice includes all aspects of transactional securities work and corporate finance, with an emphasis on private investment vehicles. He handles a number of matters relating to hedge funds, as well as private equity and venture capital funds, including fund formation and the regulatory aspects of these types of funds.Close
Nova D. Harb
She practices primarily in the areas of business and corporate law, with an emphasis on federal and state securities... | Read More
She practices primarily in the areas of business and corporate law, with an emphasis on federal and state securities laws, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. She has experience in corporate finance and other business transactions, including public and private offerings of equity and debt, sales of assets, tender offers, mergers and other acquisitions.Close