Structuring Representations and Warranties in Commercial Real Estate Sales Contracts
Strategies for Buyers and Sellers Negotiating Agreements of Sale
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to real estate counsel for negotiating representations and warranties and other key provisions in commercial real estate purchase agreements.
Current and emerging market trends
- Negotiating a commercial real estate purchase
- Financing a real estate deal
Legal issues involved with purchasing commercial real estate
- Due diligence
- Representations and warranties, including their survival post-closing
- Title issues
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How have current market conditions affected terms of real estate purchase agreements, particularly seller representations and warranties?
- How can the buyer and seller each minimize risk when negotiating and drafting representations and warranties provisions?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during real estate purchase negotiations and what are some effective approaches for resolving them?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mitchell C. Regenstreif
Mr. Regenstreif specializes in real estate, corporate and finance transactions, with particular emphasis on purchase... | Read More
Mr. Regenstreif specializes in real estate, corporate and finance transactions, with particular emphasis on purchase and sale, leasing, and financing of various types of properties and businesses. He represents many institutions, including a number of pension funds, entrepreneurs, lenders and borrowers in sophisticated transactions. He is a frequent speaker on leasing, financing, purchase and sale.Close
Todd Evan Stark
Mr. Stark is a partner in the real estate and business practice group, where he specializes in acquisitions,... | Read More
Mr. Stark is a partner in the real estate and business practice group, where he specializes in acquisitions, dispositions, financing, construction and development and formation of joint ventures for all asset types. He also specializes in environmental law, where he has represented real property owners, purchasers and lenders in evaluating, resolving and managing environmental risk.Close