Structuring Physician Group Practices: Key Legal Considerations
Compensation Models, Practice Management Arrangements, Corporate Practice of Medicine
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide a review of the primary legal issues that arise when forming physician group practices, including applicable laws and regulations aw well as business considerations. The panel will offer guidance on structuring practice management arrangements and selecting compensation models.
- Group formation
- Selecting the appropriate legal entity
- Tax issues
- Benefits issues
- Corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting
- Structuring practice management arrangements
- Stark law and compensation models—compensation for professional services
- Compensation for ancillary services
- Use of care centers and practice divisions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the most critical legal and business concerns for physicians considering forming a physician group practice?
- What considerations should healthcare counsel weigh when selecting the appropriate legal entity for the business?
- What particular concerns arise when there is a hospital, private equity or other non-physician participation in the group structure?
Kerry Hunt Foster
Ms. Foster concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions and the development of innovative business models in... | Read More
Ms. Foster concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions and the development of innovative business models in the healthcare industry.Close
Mr. Kaye serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Healthcare sector. He concentrates his practice in healthcare mergers and... | Read More
Mr. Kaye serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Healthcare sector. He concentrates his practice in healthcare mergers and acquisitions and the development of innovative business models within the healthcare industry. He advises clients in all aspects of federal and state healthcare regulatory matters, including anti-kickback, self referral laws, state licensure, certificate of need, and insurance laws.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 12/07/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 12/07/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H