Structuring Physician Compensation Arrangements
Ensuring FMV and Commercial Reasonableness, Mitigating Fraud and Abuse Risks, Lessons From Recent Enforcement
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide healthcare counsel on physician compensation arrangements. The panel will examine the legal requirements and the many potential risks. The panel will discuss the implications for Stark, Anti-Kickback, and False Claims Act (FCA) compliance, as well as offer best practices for structuring compensation arrangements.
- Legal requirements for physician compensation arrangements
- Stark Law
- IRS Section 501(c)(3)
- Commercial reasonableness and FMV
- Understanding regulatory definitions and application to operations
- Compensation stacking
- Physician losses
- Best practices for structuring and auditing physician compensation arrangements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What steps can healthcare advisers take to ensure regulatory compliance when valuing physician compensation?
- What are the implications for compliance with the Stark Law, the AKS, and other laws and regulations?
- What lessons can healthcare counsel take away from recent enforcement actions?
Anna M. Grizzle
Bass Berry & Sims
Ms. Grizzle focuses her practice on representing healthcare providers and companies in operational and compliance... | Read More
Ms. Grizzle focuses her practice on representing healthcare providers and companies in operational and compliance matters, investigations, and litigation. She works with clients to develop policies in anticipation of government and commercial payor claims audits and represents clients in responding to claims audits and in the appeals of audit results.Close
Christina C. (Christy) Street, CPA, CVA
Ms. Street specializes in physician contracting arrangements and business valuation. She has experience with several... | Read More
Ms. Street specializes in physician contracting arrangements and business valuation. She has experience with several large hospital systems and group practices in the development and implementation of physician compensation modeling and fair market value contractual agreements.Close