Structuring Physician Compensation Arrangements
Meeting Legal Requirements, Ensuring FMV and Commercial Reasonableness, Lessons from Recent Enforcement, Mitigating Fraud and Abuse Risks
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to healthcare counsel on physician compensation arrangements. The panel will examine the legal requirements for such arrangements as well as the many potential risks. The panel will discuss the implications for Stark, Anti-Kickback and False Claims Act compliance and offer best practices for structuring compensation arrangements.
- Legal requirements for physician compensation arrangements
- Stark Law
- IRS Section 501(c)(3)
- Civil Monetary Penalty Law (CMP)
- Commercial reasonableness, FMV and not taking into account
- Compensation stacking
- Physician losses
- Best practices for structuring and auditing physician compensation arrangements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What steps can healthcare advisers take to ensure regulatory compliance when valuing physician compensation?
- What are the implications for compliance with the Stark Law, the AKS, and other laws and regulations?
- What lessons can healthcare counsel take away from recent enforcement actions?
Anna M. Grizzle
Bass Berry & Sims
Ms. Grizzle focuses her practice on representing healthcare providers and companies in operational and compliance... | Read More
Ms. Grizzle focuses her practice on representing healthcare providers and companies in operational and compliance matters, investigations, and litigation. She works with clients to develop policies in anticipation of government and commercial payor claims audits and represents clients in responding to claims audits and in the appeals of audit results.Close
Tizgel K.S. High
Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Legal
Albert D. (Chip) Hutzler
Mr. Hutzler focuses on fair market value analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide,... | Read More
Mr. Hutzler focuses on fair market value analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide, including on-call arrangements, medical directorships, employment arrangements and physician recruitment arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he worked for a law firm representing healthcare clients, including a large health system, in various physician contracting arrangements, healthcare law and investment matters.Close