Structuring Opinions of Counsel in Real Estate Finance Transactions
Assumptions, Qualifications, Limitations, and Factual Certificates That Reduce Risks for Opinion Givers
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare counsel to draft third-party opinions for real estate finance transactions. The panel will cover the opinions required--including authority, enforceability, and property-related opinions--and the assumptions, limitations, and qualifications that counsel should include to limit exposure.
- Preparing commercial real estate finance opinions
- Range of opinions
- Use of the opinion letter
- The ABA Opinion Report
- Potential risks of liability and protections for opinion preparer
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the general responsibilities of the opinion giver?
- What guidance does the Opinion Report provide for those involved in the opinion process?
- What due diligence steps are critical for counsel preparing commercial real estate finance opinion letters to minimize risks and liabilities?
- What assumptions, qualifications, and limitations should counsel consider to limit the scope of opinions?
Michael J. Bordy
Michael J. Bordy, A.P.L.C.
Mr. Bordy is a transactional attorney who has 26 years of experience handling a variety of issues in business,... | Read More
Mr. Bordy is a transactional attorney who has 26 years of experience handling a variety of issues in business, corporate law and real estate. He regularly advises clients on real estate finance and leasing. His expertise encompasses real estate contracts, property rights, commercial property transactions, eminent domain, zoning, land-use and building permits, and negotiating real estate agreements.Close
Scott J. Stein
Stein Law PLC, Arizonalegalopinions.com
Mr. Stein focuses his practice on real estate, sales, leasing and development, corporate transactions, structuring and... | Read More
Mr. Stein focuses his practice on real estate, sales, leasing and development, corporate transactions, structuring and strategic planning, loan financings, and hospitality matters. He is speaker and published author on real estate issues, including legal opinions.Close