Structuring Managed Care Contracts: Medicare and Medicaid Considerations for Providers
Navigating Reimbursement and Delegation Challenges, Negotiating Key Provisions and Anticipating Areas of Dispute
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a roadmap for drafting and negotiating managed care contracts on behalf of providers. With a focus on Medicare and Medicaid contracts, the panel will discuss current trends in contract negotiations, key provisions in the agreements and strategies for resolving common areas of dispute.
- Managed care contracting—current legal trends
- Medicare and Medicaid managed care contracts
- Practical tips for negotiating key contract provisions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How are healthcare reform and the shift to Medicare and Medicaid impacting the negotiation of managed care agreements?
- What are some proven approaches for providers' counsel in negotiating favorable provisions in managed care contracts?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during contract negotiations and what are some effective approaches for resolving them?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Tracey L. Klein
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren
Ms. Klein is co-chair of the firm's Health Care Practice, chair of the Hospitals and Health Care Systems group and... | Read More
Ms. Klein is co-chair of the firm's Health Care Practice, chair of the Hospitals and Health Care Systems group and co-chair of the Government Relations group. She has served as general counsel to acute care hospitals, multiprovider health care systems, multispecialty clinics, managed care companies and health insurance companies for more than 20 years. She has experience in regional and national transactions involving health care providers and insurance companies.Close
Sarah E. Swank
Ober | Kaler
Ms. Swank provides advice and guidance on a wide range of health law issues, including Stark, anti-kickback, health... | Read More
Ms. Swank provides advice and guidance on a wide range of health law issues, including Stark, anti-kickback, health information technology, privacy, clinical research, health care transactions, governance, due diligence and compliance. She was previously Associate General Counsel of Trinity Health, assigned to Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, where she directed legal affairs, legal staff and budget for almost eight years for the 450-bed hospital.Close