Structuring Leveraged Buyouts: Debt and Equity Combinations, Valuation, Conflicts of Interest in Management Buyouts
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the structuring alternatives (or combinations thereof) currently employed in leveraged buyout (LBO) transactions, and the pros and cons of each. The panel will also discuss issues which can arise in a management buyout (MBO) scenario due to inherent conflicts of interest, and how to address those in the course of the transaction.
- LBO transactions: upfront considerations
- Acquiring entity structures: SPVs, JVs, other
- Capital structure
- Debt: senior, junior, mezzanine, high yield bonds
- Equity: ordinary and preferred
- Secured financing
- Issues particular to MBOs
The panel will review these and other issues:
- What amount of leverage is appropriate in a given M&A transaction and who makes that determination?
- When should an acquisition be structured through an SPV?
- How might the capital structure affect the future performance of the acquired company?
- What are the legal ramifications of secured vs. unsecured debt and senior vs. mezzanine?
- What actions should management take to alleviate conflict of interest concerns in an MBO?
James D. Rosener
Mr. Rosener is a partner in the Commercial Department of Pepper Hamilton LLP. He heads the firm's International... | Read More
Mr. Rosener is a partner in the Commercial Department of Pepper Hamilton LLP. He heads the firm's International Practice Group, is managing partner of the New York office and has served as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. His practice is devoted primarily to international transactions, private equity, mergers and acquisitions and corporate financing.Close
Lisa R. Stark
Ms. Stark has nearly 15 years of corporate experience in mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, initial... | Read More
Ms. Stark has nearly 15 years of corporate experience in mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, initial public offerings, proxy contests, and hostile takeovers. She also has experience advising private and public companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/01/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 02/01/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H