Structuring Indemnification Provisions in Business Associate Agreements: Allocating Risk in Healthcare Contracting
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel in determining whether and when to include indemnification provisions in business associate agreements (BAAs). The panel will offer best practices for drafting and negotiating indemnification provisions.
- Whether and when to include indemnification provisions
- Considerations when determining whether and how to include indemnification provisions in a BAA
- Best practices for negotiating and structuring indemnification provisions
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What factors should counsel consider when determining if an indemnification provision is appropriate for a BAA?
- What approaches should counsel use to protect a client's interests when drafting and negotiating an indemnification provision?
- What are some best practices for counsel when structuring indemnification provisions in BAAs?
Rick L. Hindmand
Mr. Hindman focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory, data privacy, cybersecurity, corporate, and... | Read More
Mr. Hindman focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory, data privacy, cybersecurity, corporate, and transactional matters. He represents physicians and other healthcare providers and organizations in structuring group practices, joint ventures, medical device companies, as well as physician/hospital alignment strategies and involvement in accountable care organizations (ACOs). He also assits healthcare providers and businesses with potential compliance challenges, including compliance with the Stark physician self-referral law, federal and state anti-kickback laws, and corporate practice and fee-splitting restrictions.Close
Nathan A. Kottkamp
Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis
Mr. Kottkamp concentrates in healthcare law, including Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, third-party... | Read More
Mr. Kottkamp concentrates in healthcare law, including Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, third-party reimbursement, federal and state regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, self-referral prohibitions, privacy and confidentiality requirements, patient rights and clinical ethics, medical staff privileges, healthcare contracts, certificate of public need proposals, reproductive medicine and HIPAA.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H