Structuring Gainsharing Arrangements and Bundled Payments: Latest Developments
Complying With Legal and Regulatory Requirements, Overcoming Implementation and Operational Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a review of current issues related to gainsharing arrangements and bundled payment programs. The panel will outline implementation and operational aspects of gainsharing, and best practices for hospitals and physicians to minimize legal and business risks.
- Bundled payments programs and current CMS initiatives
- Trends in gainsharing arrangements
- Clinical and operational issues in structuring bundled payment and gainsharing models
- Legal and FMV considerations when structuring arrangements
- Documenting a bundled payment and/or gainsharing model
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How will MACRA impact gainsharing arrangements?
- What are the key operational and regulatory concerns for healthcare providers considering bundled payment and gainsharing arrangements?
- How do bundled payment and gainsharing arrangements differ from co-management arrangements and ACOs?
- What critical provisions should be documented when formalizing these arrangements?
- What are different types of gainsharing arrangements and what are key features of each?
Curtis H. Bernstein, CPA/ABV, ASA, CVA, MBA
Pinnacle Healthcare Consulting
Mr. Bernstein specializes in providing valuation, transaction advisory, strategic and operational consulting services... | Read More
Mr. Bernstein specializes in providing valuation, transaction advisory, strategic and operational consulting services to clients. He has extensive experience working closely with hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers and other healthcare providers. He also provides valuation services in the areas of business valuation and complex compensation structures.Close
William T. Mathias
Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz
Mr. Mathias represents clients across the U.S. in all areas of the health care industry, with a particular emphasis on... | Read More
Mr. Mathias represents clients across the U.S. in all areas of the health care industry, with a particular emphasis on fraud and abuse, internal and government investigations, and corporate compliance matters. His practice focuses on advising clients on compliance with the federal antikickback law, the Stark physician self-referral statute and the federal civil monetary penalty provisions. He also advises health systems and GPOs on compliance with the discount and GPO safe harbors as well as strategies for reducing legal risks associated with cutting edge supply chain management and purchasing programs. He is a former vice chair of the American Health Lawyers Association’s Fraud & Abuse Practice Group.Close
Girard F. Senn
Mr. Seen actively participates in a variety of engagements focused in perioperative and cardiovascular product lines.... | Read More
Mr. Seen actively participates in a variety of engagements focused in perioperative and cardiovascular product lines. He is a former Executive Director and founder of OR Benchmarks Inc. where he developed tools and software to benchmark services in the operating room, cath lab and endoscopy. Prior to that, Mr. Seen was the Program Director for Surgical Services at the University HealthSystem Consortium, where he was responsible for purchasing contracts totaling over $1 billion. His hospital based positions include Vice President of Patient Care as well as a Director of Surgical Services.Close