Structuring Gainsharing Arrangements and Bundled Payments: Latest Developments
Complying With Legal and Regulatory Requirements, Overcoming Implementation and Operational Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a review of current issues related to gainsharing arrangements and bundled payment programs. The panel will outline implementation and operational aspects of gainsharing, and best practices for hospitals and physicians to minimize legal and business risks.
- Bundled payments programs and current CMS initiatives
- Trends in gainsharing arrangements
- Clinical and operational issues in structuring bundled payment and gainsharing models
- Legal and FMV considerations when structuring arrangements
- Documenting a bundled payment and/or gainsharing model
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How will MACRA impact gainsharing arrangements?
- What are the key operational and regulatory concerns for healthcare providers considering bundled payment and gainsharing arrangements?
- How do bundled payment and gainsharing arrangements differ from co-management arrangements and ACOs?
- What critical provisions should be documented when formalizing these arrangements?
- What are different types of gainsharing arrangements and what are key features of each?
Curtis H. Bernstein, CPA/ABV, ASA, CVA, MBA
Pinnacle Healthcare Consulting
Mr. Bernstein specializes in providing valuation, transaction advisory, strategic and operational consulting services... | Read More
Mr. Bernstein specializes in providing valuation, transaction advisory, strategic and operational consulting services to clients. He has extensive experience working closely with hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers and other healthcare providers. He also provides valuation services in the areas of business valuation and complex compensation structures.Close
Joane Goodroe, RN, BSN, MBA
Joane Goodroe Healthcare Services
Ms. Goodroe has over 20 years’ experience assisting hospitals and physicians with new models of care and... | Read More
Ms. Goodroe has over 20 years’ experience assisting hospitals and physicians with new models of care and integration. She is credited with helping to change the landscape of the health care industry by developing innovative solutions that allow hospitals and physicians to align economic goals to reduce costs and improve quality. Her groundbreaking work in episodes of care payments with CMS and private payors led to the development of a gainsharing model that was the first approved by the U.S. Office of Inspector General (OIG).Close
William T. Mathias
Ober | Kaler
Mr. Mathias represents clients across the U.S. in all areas of the health care industry, with a particular emphasis... | Read More
Mr. Mathias represents clients across the U.S. in all areas of the health care industry, with a particular emphasis on fraud and abuse, internal and government investigations, and corporate compliance matters. His practice focuses on advising clients on compliance with the federal antikickback law, the Stark physician self-referral statute and the federal civil monetary penalty provisions. He currently serves as a vice chair of the American Health Lawyers Association’s Fraud & Abuse Practice Group.Close