Structuring Financeable Ground Leases and Leasehold Mortgages
Balancing Competing Interests Among Owners, Lessees and Lenders
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with an overview of the process of drafting and negotiating a financeable ground lease and address key provisions that balance the interests of the owner, lessee and lender. The panel will also discuss the leasehold mortgage and issues presented by leasehold financing.
- Perspectives of the owner, lessee and lender
- Is the ground lease financeable?
- Key provisions of a ground lease/differing interests
- Common solutions/the “middle ground”
- Ground leasehold mortgages/drafting and foreclosure
- Lessons from the recent economy and the role of ground leases in future development
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are essential provisions of a ground lease?
- What solutions are available to resolve key areas of dispute that may be acceptable to all parties involved—the landlord, tenant and lender?
- What are the common “deal breakers” for the respective parties in a ground lease?
- How are tighter lending standards and rating agency requirements affecting the use of ground leases?
Patrick J. O’Sullivan, Jr.
Mr. O’Sullivan represents developers, investors, governmental entities and not-for-profit institutions on a range... | Read More
Mr. O’Sullivan represents developers, investors, governmental entities and not-for-profit institutions on a range of real estate matters with a focus on development issues, particularly those that arise in public-private transactions. He has represented clients on a range of complex transactions for properties across the U.S., including acquisitions and dispositions, large-scale developments, joint ventures, construction projects, and public and private financings.Close
Ellen L. Shapiro
Ms. Shapiro has significant experience representing borrowers, institutional lenders (in their general portfolios and... | Read More
Ms. Shapiro has significant experience representing borrowers, institutional lenders (in their general portfolios and community lending/tax credit portfolios), sellers, purchasers; hotel owners, franchisors, licensors and hotel management companies, and landlords and tenants in commercial leasing matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H