Stormwater Discharge Permits and Clean Water Act Compliance
Navigating New EPA Permitting Requirements and Case Law on State Agency Permitting
EPA stormwater permit requirements effective Feb. 16
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide counsel with a review of the new EPA stormwater discharge permit requirements. The panel will outline best practices for complying with stormwater discharge permitting and explore current trends regarding state agency-issued stormwater discharge permits.
- New standards of 2012 EPA Stormwater Discharge Permit
- NRDC v. NYDEC and its implications for state agency-issued permits
- Best practices for complying with permits
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How should stormwater pollution prevention plans be updated to reflect the new standards of the EPA's General Permit?
- How did the NRDC v. NYDEC court find New York's stormwater discharge permits violated the Clean Water Act—and what are the implications for other states' agencies?
- What methods should be used to conduct pre-NOI screening to determine whether a construction activity will impact endangered species or historic sites?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
James E. Smith
His practice focuses on environmental matters, in counseling, supporting transactions, and trying cases. He represents... | Read More
His practice focuses on environmental matters, in counseling, supporting transactions, and trying cases. He represents companies in refining, petrochemical and other resource related industries. His trial and transaction work has involved air quality, water quality, hazardous and solid waste, and other permitting and enforcement matters, as well as Superfund cases.Close
Andrew J. Perel
Michelman & Robinson
He is Department Chair of the firm’s Environmental Practice Group. He provides counsel to major financial... | Read More
He is Department Chair of the firm’s Environmental Practice Group. He provides counsel to major financial institutions on real estate and capital markets transactions with emphasis on origination, securitization, mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance, litigation and insurance.Close