Stock Basis Calculation for Pass-Through Entities: Challenges for Tax Professionals
Tackling Complex Issues for S Corporations, LLCs and Partnerships
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will provide tax pros and advisors with a review of the issues involved in calculating basis for owners of pass-through entities. The panel will discuss the adjustments needed to reflect increases to and reductions in the initial owner’s investment.
S corp. basis issues
- Increases, decreases to basis
- Order of basis adjustments
- When to calculate basis
Partnership basis calculation
- Partner's basis and partner's capital account
- Treatment of liabilities under Sect. 732
- Sect. 704(b) vs. stock basis
Partnership and LLC at-risk basis
- Debt allocation issues
The panel will analyze stock basis topics such as:
- What are the key challenges for tax professionals when calculating basis for pass-through entities?
- What increases and decreases should be considered for the basis calculation?
- Why is the order of calculating increases and decreases important?
- What are the differences in basis calculation if an entity operates as a Subchapter S, an LLC or a partnership?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
As Director of Tax Services in the firm's national tax office, he has more than 30 years experience in public... | Read More
As Director of Tax Services in the firm's national tax office, he has more than 30 years experience in public accounting and private industry. He serves clients in commercial and residential real estate development and construction, manufacturing, and high-tech start-ups.Close
She has more than nine years of public accounting experience for clients including medical groups, franchisees,... | Read More
She has more than nine years of public accounting experience for clients including medical groups, franchisees, agricultural producers, oil and gas companies, and professional service firms. She provides tax consulting and compliance services to corporate, partnership, individual and multi-state entities.Close