State Pay Equity Compliance for Employers: Closing the Pay Gap and Conducting Privileged Pay Audits
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide employment counsel through a discussion of recent trends in state equal pay laws, including a detailed analysis of the language and responsibilities currently in such legislation around the country.
- Overview of recent legislation passed by various states around the country
- Definition of the pay gap and how state pay equity laws seek to correct it
- Discussion of privileged pay audits and how employers can use them to identify unlawful wage practices
- Best practices for employers and counsel to correct any illegal pay gaps between employees
The panel will review these and other hot topic issues:
- What are the recent trends in state pay equity laws?
- What groups are typically protected by pay equity laws?
- How can employers determine whether their hiring and wage-setting practices are lawful?
- What steps can employers take to close an unlawful pay gap?
Stacey A. Bastone
Ms. Bastone assists companies in the preparation of affirmative action plans for federal contractors including job... | Read More
Ms. Bastone assists companies in the preparation of affirmative action plans for federal contractors including job group analyses, EEO-1 classifications, utilization analyses, compensation analyses and adverse impact analyses.Close
Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe
Mr. Delikat serves as Chair of the firm's Global Employment Law Practice. He currently has an active practice... | Read More
Mr. Delikat serves as Chair of the firm's Global Employment Law Practice. He currently has an active practice representing several major corporations in the defense of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other whistleblower claims and is the author of the first treatise published on this subject. Mr. Delikat is published and quoted frequently on a variety of employment law issues and is a frequent speaker at conferences.Close
Christopher T. Patrick
Mr. Patrick's practice focuses on equal employment opportunity, including proactive pay equity analyses, compliance... | Read More
Mr. Patrick's practice focuses on equal employment opportunity, including proactive pay equity analyses, compliance with regulations promulgated by the Office of Federal Contracts Compliance Programs (OFCCP), statistical analyses of potential discrimination in employment practices, and defending employment practices in OFCCP audits and investigations.Close