State Income Tax Base Calculation: Complex Issues in Income Modification
Reporting for Multi-State Companies to Minimize Tax and Maximize Deductions
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will provide tax professionals with key challenges and solutions to the current issues related to the modification of corporate income for state income tax purposes. The panel will provide real world examples to accurately compute state taxable income along with guidance and rules to minimize the taxes and maximize the use of deductions.
- Overview federal and state income tax conformity
- Addition scenarios and possible compliance approaches
- Subtraction scenarios and possible compliance approaches
- Current trends
- States posing particular problems for taxpayers
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- Common addition modifications to federal taxable income that are required to arrive at state taxable income.
- Differences between the federal and state tax treatment of dividend income.
- Expenses subject to related party addback provisions and the common exceptions to these provisions.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mr. Daly has more than 20 years of tax experience and specializes in state taxation maters such as nexus,... | Read More
Mr. Daly has more than 20 years of tax experience and specializes in state taxation maters such as nexus, apportionment, allocation methodologies and credits. He works primarily with media, information services, insurance, manufacturing/distribution, and radio/TV clients.Close
Mr. Reed's practice emphasizes state and local taxation, and he represents business and individual clients in... | Read More
Mr. Reed's practice emphasizes state and local taxation, and he represents business and individual clients in state tax controversy matters, audits and litigation in numerous states and before the IRS.Close